Thursday, May 19, 2011

I'm a Foodie? ..I *am* a Foodie!

Today I got some rather ego-boosting comments from a colleague of mine (THANK YOU!!), and in these musings, I was identified as a Foodie. I thought, "Am I a Foodie? I don't really know the ins and outs of my spice cabinet... and my cooking repertoire is slightly anemic." But then I thought, "In the very least, I know a pretty plate when I see one, and I do keep trying new things" (hello, you beautiful mussels, you). This led me to go home and tag every picture I could find within the last year with it's delicious keyword... and I ended up with 425 photos, just of those I'd imported into Lightroom since last August. And so, without further ado, here's an assortment of things that make me go hmmm... and then, "Mmmmmmmm".


Bloody Mary from Busboys and Poets; Washington, DC




Breakfast foods from Oak Tree; Chicago, IL



Homemade Sun Tea


Homemade Garlic Bread


Carrot Ginger Soup from Stella; Iowa City, IA


Homemade Caprese Salad; Recipe from Cook This, Not That

Jameson's Chicken from Elephant & Castle; Chicago, IL


Mahi Mahi from Laporta's; Old Town Alexandria, VA




Steak & Blue Cheese Salad from Elephant & Castle; Chicago, IL



Assorted Sushi from Oyama; Iowa City, IA


Homemade Steak Fajitas



Homemade Stove Top Popcorn


A friend's homemade Christmas cookies


Birthday cupcakes, homemade for ME by a great friend!


Homemade Coffee Drop Cookies; Recipe from Cooks.com


Homemade Potato Candy; Secret Family Recipe






No comments:

Post a Comment