Thursday, April 14, 2011

Re-Lease, Refresh, Re-Design

Okay, all. Don't be appalled when I tell you this: although I may be capable of putting together a fabulous outfit (IMO, of course), and although I have an acute sense of what visually appeals to me, I am, without a doubt, TERRIBLE at decorating my home. Sure, we all think those homes that look like they're straight out of magazines are myths, but I have a mother-in-law and two very close friends whose homes will make you realize otherwise. And I want that for me, my hubby and my furry one. Prrrronto.

After a few months of reprising last year's real estate ruckus, we've decided to take our chances with our flaky landlady and rent our beloved 3-bedroom-3-bath-with-a-screened-in-porch-and-room-for-a-photography-studio again. But this time, after perusing home after staged home, I'm not settling with our clinical white walls, curtainless windows or bad carpet. I'm refreshing our living spaces, one room at a time. And I'm starting with my own bathroom and this fantastic pebble bath mat from CB2:

I need paint (I'm thinking an almost-white blue?), a new shower curtain, a new mirror would be nice, and a new seat cover. I'd also like to update my toothbrush holder and anything else that sits on my sink area ~ which, by the way, is a tad itty-bitty. So, for a girl on a budget with taste far above her means, what would you suggest? Lay your Martha Stewart on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment